My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://martynglanville.com/'> http://martynglanville.com and update your bookmarks.


Bluetooth missing from control panel

Just a squidge on this because it proved to be mighty frustrating.

So you have no Bluetooth icon in your control panel and all your device documentation is saying 'Open the Bluetooth icon..." etc.

I waded through a ton of help texts, spoke to my IT dept, and generally pulled my hair out. My laptop had Bluetooth but the icon was not there. I could do but nothing.

Then something I read made me wonder. Someone suggested the icon might only appear when you connect a dongle. I had one knocking around, dug it out, and bongi-bongo! I was in business. Going to have a fiddle with the laptop's built-in Bluetooth now that I am up and running.

Conclusion: dongles might be Bluetooth jump leads.

1 comment:

Guilherme Gornati said...

Hello,

I am having the same problem.

If u have any solucion, plz tell me

gornati@gmail.com