My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://martynglanville.com/'> http://martynglanville.com and update your bookmarks.


Iron Man - he's a small, family hatchback

AS I was driving into work the other morning, hurtling behind me on the E55 towards Helsingør, I saw what I first thought to be Iron Man. Closer inspection of my rear view mirror revealed the pursuing object not to be Tony Stark tooled up, but in fact a Toyota Yaris.

Ok, so it's early Iron Man but I am sure you can see the similarities: the Toyota logo and the uni-beam projector in the middle of both "machines", those shiny shoulder pads of Marvel's hero reminded me of the front wings on the Yaris, then add the fact that both are made of, er, metal (I think), and you have something. Or not.




It got me thinking about how so many other cars actually resemble fantasy figures. Just go and look and you'll see what I mean.

Take my own car, a Colt. It is a dead ringer for feathered do-gooder Hawk from Buck Rogers.





Now I have started thinking of car names that don't exist, but should. May I present the Toyota Magentis, Volkswagen Jebbe (pronounced Yebber, and I know it's a bit like the Jetta but I like mine more), Mitsubishi Sline, Hyundai Ritz, BMW Egg series.

That's enough now.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: